Listen on Apple Podcasts
“Should social movement work be paid?” is a question that a lot of nonprofit workers take personally.
In Dean Spade’s first visit, we talk about why 15 years after ‘The Revolution Will Not Be Funded,’ we still have to ask it.
- “Should Social Movement Work Be Paid?” at BCRW: http://www.deanspade.net/2023/01/06/video-should-social-movement-work-be-paid-lecture
- BCRW Mutual Aid (the book): http://www.deanspade.net/mutual-aid-building-solidarity-during-this-crisis-and-the-next/
- Normal Life: http://www.deanspade.net/books/normal-life/
- “Fragments Against Reparations: Thoughts on Anti-Blackness and Black Liberation”: https://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/anonymous-fragments-against-reparation
- “Transgender Activists Speak Out Against Campaign to End Trans Military Ban” at Truthout: https://truthout.org/articles/transgender-activists-speak-out-against-campaign-to-end-trans-military-ban/
- “Dixie Be Damned: 300 Years of Insurrection in the American South” by Neal Shirley and Saralee Stafford: https://tinyurl.com/ujf2pfa5
- “In Defense of Looting” by Vicky Osterweil: https://tinyurl.com/4ec8859a
- Support the podcast: https://patreon.com/sadfrancisco